Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Stent. Needs checking by a human.
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm : Aneurysm that involves the descending aorta from the diaphragm to the split at the iliac arteries.
- Aspirin : Common analgesic used for treating mild to moderate pain; protective against blood clots and heart disease when administered indefinitely in low doses
- Atherosclerosis : Thickening and loss of elasticity of the walls of medium and large muscular arteries with lesions in the innermost layer.
- Cholangiocarcinoma : A relatively rare cancer of the bile ducts.
- DES (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description
- Digital object identifier : Unique label for a computer readable object that can be found on the internet, usually used in academic journals.
- Drug-eluting stent : A type of intravascular stent that is impregnated with a drug, such as paclitaxel, that may lower the chance of restenosis, although possibly increase the risk of thrombosis
- Food and Drug Administration : The agency of the United States Department of Health and Human Services responsible for regulating food, dietary supplements, drugs, biological medical products, blood products, medical devices, radiation-emitting devices, veterinary products, and cosmetics.
- Gangrene : Destruction of biological tissue, primarily from a compromised blood supply, but also from destructive microorganisms or their exotoxins
- Graduate medical education : A medical degree, most often a bachelor's degree, from a school or college of medicine, usually combined with practical clinical experience.
- Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty : Surgical dilatation of an occluded coronary artery by means of a balloon catheter to restore myocardial blood supply.
- Preoperative care : Preparation and management of a patient prior to surgery.
- Stroke : A sudden loss of brain function due to interrupted blood supply.