- See also changes related to Probiotics, or pages that link to Probiotics or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Probiotics. Needs checking by a human.
- Bifidobacterium animalis : A beneficial, anaerobic, rod-shaped, non-motile probiotic bacteria used as a dietary supplement.
- Bifidobacterium bifidum : Add brief definition or description
- Digital object identifier : Unique label for a computer readable object that can be found on the internet, usually used in academic journals.
- Fermentation (food) : The conversion of nutrients to desired products, such as ethanol, acetic acid or acetone, using yeast, bacteria, or a combination thereof
- Inflammatory bowel disease : Chronic disorder of the gastrointestinal tract, especially Crohn's disease or an ulcerative form of colitis, characterized by inflammation of the intestine.
- Irritable bowel syndrome : A disorder with chronic or recurrent colonic symptoms without a clearcut etiology.
- Lactose : Slightly sweet disaccharide composed of two monosaccharides, glucose and galactose linked together, and found in milk.
- PH : A scale that measures the acidity or alkalinity of a solution, ranging from 0 (strongly acidic) to 14 (strongly alkaline).
- Pancreatitis : Inflammation of the pancreas, commonly acute due to alcoholic pancreatitis or gallstone pancreatitis.
- Peptic ulcer disease : Ulceration of the lining of the gastrointestinal tract that is usually acidic and thus extremely painful.
- Phagocytosis : That part of immune response in which defensive cells such as neutrophils and macrophages surround and "digest" foreign particles