Political party/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Political party, or pages that link to Political party or to this page or whose text .
- Politics : Activity that relates to the way in which society is governed, and the process by which human beings living in communities make decisions and establish obligatory values for its members.
- Party system : The set of political parties, voter alignments, and electoral conventions that for a time dominate a country's electoral process
- Bipartisan : In a system with two political parties, a group that tries for balance by having equal representation from both parties; the party identification, however, remains strong; may be extended to multiparty systems but still involves specific party representation and positions
- Nonpartisan : In jurisdictions that have a political party system, an organization, which can be public, private, or quasi-governmental, in which party membership is not a membership criterion and the group avoids adopting the specific position of any party
- Partisan realignment : Shift in a political system's configuration of voters' partisan identifications and political parties' vote shares.
- Communist Parties : Add brief definition or description
- Conservative Parties : Add brief definition or description
- Conservative Party of Canada : The current governing party, formed in 2003 by the merger of the Canadian Alliance and the Progressive Conservative Party.
- Conservative Party (UK) : A conservative political party in the United Kingdom, founded in its present form during the early 19th century.
- Conservative Party (New York State) : Formed in 1962, an increasingly significant third party in New York
- Democratic Parties : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. Democratic Party : One of the two major political parties in the United States; usually described as center-left.
- Democratic Party of Japan : (民主党 Minshutou) political party formed in 1998 through the merger of parties in opposition to the governing Liberal Democratic Party, including former members of the LDP; won the 2009 Japanese general election and formed a coalition government, but lost heavily to the LDP in 2012.
- Liberal Democratic Party (Japan) : (自由民主党 Jiyuu-Minshutoo) Conservative Japanese political party which has held power near-uninterrupted since 1955.
- Social Democratic Party (Japan) : Add brief definition or description
- Green Party : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Green Party (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Kadima : A centrist political party in Israel, now in the Opposition, headed by Tzipi Livni
- Labor Parties : Add brief definition or description
- Likud : Headed by Prime Minister and ruling coalition leader Benjamin Netanyahu, a center-right political party of the State of Israel
- Pirate Party : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. Reform Party : Add brief definition or description
- Republican Parties : Add brief definition or description
- Science Party : Add brief definition or description
- SHAS : Israeli religious political party, representing orthodox Sephardi Jews; part of the current right-wing coalition
- Socialist Parties : Add brief definition or description
- Yisrael Beiteinu : Hebrew for "Our Home is Israel", a right-wing Israeli political party, dominated by Russian immigrants and having a policy not only of distrusting Palestinians but Israeli Arab citizens; its head is Foreign Minister of Israel Avigdor Lieberman
- Christian Left : A number of contemporary left-wing political movements that are specifically Christian, which advocate socially liberal/progressive values in politics and the popular culture; they generally are for more separation of church and state than is the Christian Right
- Christian Right : A number of contemporary right-wing political movements that are specifically Christian, which advocate socially conservative values in politics and the popular culture
- Democracy : A form of government in which ultimate sovereignty rests with the people.
- Japanese party government before World War Two : In 1874, during Meiji Restoration, Japan created political parties, the first party government taking office in 1900; the parties had similarities to but important differences with parliamentary parties in the West; the last prewar parties dissolved themselves in 1940
- Public election : Add brief definition or description
- Voting right : Add brief definition or description
- Referendum : Vote open to all members of an electorate to accept or reject a proposal; also known as a plebiscite.
- Restructuring of the U.S. political left : Changes in the U.S. Democratic Party and American progressivism, variously to win elections in a center-right country and to focus on ideological goals
- Restructuring of the U.S. political right : A broad category of efforts to regain U.S. political dominance by various combinations of social, fiscal, and national security ideologies, generally seen as of the Right and possibly U.S. Republican Party, as opposed to the center-left position of the Barack Obama administration and the Democratic-controlled Congress