Littoral (military)/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Littoral (military), or pages that link to Littoral (military) or to this page or whose text .
- Amphibious warfare : The set of techniques, equipment, specialized units, and methods of training needed to move troops across water, and deliver them to land, ready for immediate combat.
- Navy : A military force organized primarily for missions on, under, or above bodies of water
- Beach Jumpers : U.S. Navy special warfare units, specializing in deception and psychological warfare.
- Landing craft : A boat or other self-propelled watercraft, carried aboard a ship, intended for amphibious warfare or similar operations where landings at a prepared seaport are not practical. Such a craft may discharge troops or equipment on the beach, or may be capable of independent movement on land.
- Littoral warfare : Air, sea, subsurface, and land warfare that takes place in waters near a coast, or on coastal land areas.
- Bioluminescence : The production of light by living organisms.
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.
- Sonar : A contraction of sound navigation and ranging, formally includes the active mode in which a pulse goes out and a receiver measures the echo. Also includes hydrophones or passive, listen-only systems.
- Tide : The rising or falling of an ocean due to tidal forces.
- United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea : Add brief definition or description