Littoral warfare/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Littoral warfare, or pages that link to Littoral warfare or to this page or whose text .
- Littoral (military) : In a military context, waterways where relatively light shore-based weapons are potential threats, and in water shallow enough to change the "blue ocean" techniques for submarine warfare.
- Fast attack craft : Small naval craft, used in coastal waters, which rely on speed and maneuverability to survive to deliver heavy weapons (e.g., torpedoes, anti-shipping missiles) against warships, or to make gunfire attacks on merchant ships and landing craft
- Joint High Speed Vessel : Jointly developed by the U.S. Navy and U.S. Army, a high-speed, shallow-water transport ship intended for intra-theater logistics support in littoral operations
- Littoral Combat Ship : Lighter than a U.S. destroyer or frigate, (but heavier than a corvette or fast attack craft) relatively low-cost U.S. Navy warship type, capable of ocean crossings but optimized for coastal operations including mine warfare (MIW), anti-submarine warfare (ASW) and anti-surface warfare (ASW).
- Beach Jumpers : U.S. Navy special warfare units, specializing in deception and psychological warfare.