James Lind/Related Articles
- See also changes related to James Lind, or pages that link to James Lind or to this page or whose text .
- Scottish Enlightenment : A period in 18th century Scotland characterized by a great outpouring of intellectual and scientific accomplishments.
- Edinburgh : The capital of Scotland.
- Edinburgh University : Founded in 1582, one of the leading academic institutions in the UK.
- William Cullen : (1710-1790) The leading British physician of the 18th century.
- Scurvy : Multisystem disease caused by a deficiency of vitamin C, and an affliction of early sailors without access to fresh produce; it causes anemia and blood vessel fragility, often first manifesting bleeding gums, but can progress to internal bleeding affecting many systems, as well as weakness from anemia.