French words in English/Related Articles
- See also changes related to French words in English, or pages that link to French words in English or to this page or whose text .
- Alphabet : Writing system in which symbols - single or multiple letters, such as <a> or <ch> - represent phonemes (significant 'sounds') of a language.
- English alphabet : A Latin-based alphabet consisting of 28 letters ie. 26 standard letters plus two print ligatures æ and œ.
- English spellings : Lists of English words showing pronunciation, and articles about letters.
- Letter (alphabet) : Symbol in an alphabetic script, usually denoting one or more phonemes; for example, in the English alphabet the letter <a> can represent the phoneme /æ/ as in mat and /eɪ/ as in mate.
- Orthography : Art or study of correct spelling and grammar according to established usage.
- Spelling pronunciation : Pronunciation of a word that differs from the historically established one, arising on the basis of the word's spelling.
- Writing : The process of recording thoughts or speech in a visually or haptically retrievable manner.
- Writing system : A set of signs used to represent a language, such as an alphabet, or a set of rules used to write a language, such as conventions of spelling and punctuation.
- Written language : The communication and representation of a language by means of a writing system.