- Geography : Study of the surface of the Earth and the activities of humanity upon it.
- History : Study of past human events based on evidence such as written documents.
- United Kingdom : Constitutional monarchy which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Great Britain : The largest part of the United Kingdom, comprising England, Scotland, Wales and islands immediately off their coasts.
Other Related Topics
People and language
- English people : Add brief definition or description
- English language : A West Germanic language widely spoken in the United Kingdom, its territories and dependencies, Commonwealth countries and former colonial outposts of the British Empire; has developed the status of a global language.
- Subdivisions of the United Kingdom : Add brief definition or description
- Regions of England : the first level of administrative division, below the U.K. national government, within England.
Other related topics
- British Isles : Group of islands off the northwest coast of Europe comprising Great Britain, Ireland, and adjacent smaller islands.
- Europe : Sixth largest continent; area 10,000,000 km2; pop. 720,000,000
- Northern Ireland : Part of the United Kingdom comprising six of the nine counties of the Irish province of Ulster; population about 1,800,000.
- Scotland : A country that forms the northernmost part of the United Kingdom; population about 5,200,000.
- Wales : A country of the United Kingdom that historically was considered a principality; population about 3,000,000.