- See also changes related to Dictionary, or pages that link to Dictionary or to this page or whose text .
- Knowledge : On one common account by philosophers, justified, true belief; often used in a looser way by everyone else to mean any truth or belief, and also a whole body of truth or a whole system of belief.
- Reference work : A collection of information that has been assembled or vetted by experts.
- Natural language : A communication system based on sequences of acoustic, visual or tactile symbols that serve as units of meaning.
- Monolingual dictionary : Add brief definition or description
- Bilingual dictionary : Add brief definition or description
- Multilingual dictionary : Add brief definition or description
- Lexicon : Complete set of vocabulary units for a language, including information on their structural specifications (semantic, morphological, syntactic and phonological properties, plus how they inter-relate); also, the mental representation of this lexical knowledge and, in casual usage, a synonym for vocabulary. The word is also common in the titles of dictionaries of Arabic, Aramaic/Syriac, ancient Greek and Hebrew.
- American English : Any of the spoken and written variants of the English language originating in the United States of America; widely used around the world.
- British English : Any of the spoken and written variants of the English language originating in the United Kingdom; widely used around the world, especially in current and former countries of the Commonwealth of Nations.
- Canadian English : Any of the dialects of English, standard or not, that are used in Canada.
- English spellings : Lists of English words showing pronunciation, and articles about letters.
- Spelling : Add brief definition or description
- Chinese characters : (simplified Chinese 汉字; traditional Chinese: 漢字) are symbols used to write varieties of Chinese and - in modified form - other languages; world's oldest writing system in continuous use.
- Corpus linguistics : The study of language as expressed in samples (corpora) or 'real world' text.
- Encyclopedia : A point of reference for structured knowledge.
- Language planning : In sociolinguistics, the name for any political attempt to change the status of a language in some way or develop new ways of using it, e.g. a government devising laws to promote a language, or scholars producing an official dictionary; the former is status planning (changing the political recognition of a language), the latter corpus planning (changing the way a language is used).
- Reading : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Reading (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Writing : The process of recording thoughts or speech in a visually or haptically retrievable manner.
- Book : A bound set of sheets containing written or printed materials, or space for such.
- Mother tongue : Add brief definition or description
- Foreign language : A language which is associated with another country or culture and is rarely or never used in a speaker's own community; usually taught in classrooms or through self-study, for practical purposes such as travel or doing business, or for pleasure.
- Second language : Add brief definition or description
- Bilingualism : The state of knowing two languages, either in individuals or whole speech communities; a special case of multilingualism.
- Multilingualism : The state of knowing two or more languages, either in individuals or whole speech communities.
- Polyglott : A person able to communicate in multiple languages.