Oxford English Dictionary/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Oxford English Dictionary, or pages that link to Oxford English Dictionary or to this page or whose text .
- Dictionary : Reference work containing words classed alphabetically and giving information about spelling, etymology and usage.
- Language (general) : A type of communication system, commonly used in linguistics, computer science and other fields to refer to different systems, including 'natural language' in humans, programming languages run on computers, and so on. A wider definition of language - what counts as a language and what doesn't - is a difficult philosophical topic, deserving an article in its own right.
- Linguistics : The scientific study of language.
- : A spelling variant of standard English, derived from Oxford University Press commercial decisions of several centuries ago, and documented in the OED and SOED.
- British English : Any of the spoken and written variants of the English language originating in the United Kingdom; widely used around the world, especially in current and former countries of the Commonwealth of Nations.
- Oxford University Press : Major international publisher of scholarly books, journals and reference works.
- Thesaurus : A reference work similar to a dictionary, but, unlike a dictionary, which groups words alphabetically, it groups them according to their meanings.