Christian Right/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Christian Right, or pages that link to Christian Right or to this page or whose text .
- Evangelicalism : A historically recent collection of religious beliefs, practices, and traditions typified by an emphasis on evangelism, and by what adherents call a "personal experience" of conversion.
- Religion in the United States : Article describing variety and evolution of American religion.
Organizations and affiliated people
- Alliance Defense Fund : A legal alliance and information service supporting social conservatives who believe in Biblical inerrancy, and that the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution protects the exercise of their rights in what they term a "culture war"; partner ministry of Chuck Colson Center for Christian Worldview
- American Family Association : A Christian Right, social conservative group formed in 1977 by Donald Wildmon (originally called the National Federation for Decency but was changed to American Family Association (AFA) in 1988); owns and operates approximately 200 American Family Radio stations and publishes on the Web and in print; pushes advertisers not to support objectionable television and "communicate[s] an outspoken, resolute, Christian voice throughout America..[in]...America’s culture war"; affiliated with Tea Party Movement; Affiliate, Alliance Defense Fund
- American Values : A conservative interest group founded by Gary Bauer
- American Vision : U.S. dominionist group, based in Atlanta, Georgia, with the declared mission of "Restore America to its Biblical Foundation"; headed by Gary DeMar
- Anita Bryant Ministries : Add brief definition or description
- Bob Jones University : Fundamentalist Christian college located in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Christian Broadcasting Network : Christian television network founded by Pat Robertson in 1960, broadcasts the 700 Club.
- Christian Coalition : The Christian Coalition is a grassroots organization that educates people on legislative issues that effect Christian based family values, the organization also lobbies in an effort to promote these values.
- Christians United For Israel : An evangelical Christian Zionist organization committed to support a Jewish homeland in Israel, headed by John Hagee; expansion of Israeli territory into a Greater Israel defined by Biblical ideas
- Concerned Women for America : A 30-year-old group with a declared mission of bringing Biblical values into all levels of public policy of the United States; Affiliate, Alliance Defense Fund
- Eagle Forum : Christian Right political group, founded by Phyllis Schafly as "Stop ERA (Equal Rights Amendment) Now" and renamed to take a broader role, for "conservative and pro-family men and women to participate in the process of self-government and public policy"
- Family Research Council : A lobbying spinoff of Focus on the Family; Affiliate, Alliance Defense Fund
- Focus on the Family : American Christian Right non-profit organization founded in 1977 by James Dobson; Gary Bauer resigned to run for the American Presidency; Partner ministry of Chuck Colson Center for Christian Worldview
- Foundation for Moral Law : Add brief definition or description
- Moral Majority : Add brief definition or description
- Liberty University : Add brief definition or description
- Traditional Values Coalition : Add brief definition or description
- Westview Baptist Church (Topeka, Kansas) : Add brief definition or description
- Michele Bachmann : Add brief definition or description
- Gary Bauer : American social conservative, heading the interest group, American Values; 2000 candidate for the Republican presidential nomination; board member of Foundation for Defense of Democracies; Christian Zionist on the board of Christians United For Israel
- Mike Huckabee : Add brief definition or description
- Sarah Palin : Add brief definition or description
- American Civil Liberties Union : Add brief definition or description
- American Civil Rights Union : Add brief definition or description
- Americans United for Separation of Church and State : Add brief definition or description
- Christian Zionism : Add brief definition or description
- Dominionism : Add brief definition or description
- Faith-based : Add brief definition or description
- First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution : Add brief definition or description
- People for the American Way : Add brief definition or description