Gary Bauer/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Gary Bauer, or pages that link to Gary Bauer or to this page or whose text .
- American conservatism : A diverse mix of political ideologies that share support for market economics, some view of American exceptionalism and, generally, decentralization of government; differing views of individual liberties versus enforcement of morality; in opposition to liberalism, socialism and communism; factions include libertarianism, social conservatism, nativism (politics) and neoconservatism
- Evangelicalism : A historically recent collection of religious beliefs, practices, and traditions typified by an emphasis on evangelism, and by what adherents call a "personal experience" of conversion.
- American Values : A conservative interest group founded by Gary Bauer
- Foundation for Defense of Democracies : An American think tank focusing on threats from terrorism and militant Islamists, from which Democratic advisers resigned and many of the leadership are identified as Republican or conservative
- Family Research Council : A lobbying spinoff of Focus on the Family; Affiliate, Alliance Defense Fund
- Focus on the Family : American Christian Right non-profit organization founded in 1977 by James Dobson; Gary Bauer resigned to run for the American Presidency; Partner ministry of Chuck Colson Center for Christian Worldview
- Abortion : The deliberate expulsion of an embryo or foetus from the womb for the purpose of ending a pregnancy.
- Stem cell : Describes cells that have the potential to differentiate to new cell types; usually encompasses totipotent, pluripotent and multipotent cells.
- Cloning : The generation of genetically identical organisms, using cells derived from an original cell by fission (one cell dividing into two cells) or by mitosis (cell nucleus division with each chromosome splitting into two).
- Marriage : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Marriage (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- William Bennett : Leading traditional values advocate of American conservatism (according to the New York Times) and historian; host of syndicated radio show; Washington Fellow, Claremont Institute; Reagan administration chairman of the National Endowment for the Humanities (1981-1985) and U.S. Secretary of Education (1985-1988), and President Bush's "drug czar" (1989-1990); author of The Book of Virtues; with Mario Cuomo, co-chairman of the Partnership for a Drug-Free America
- James Dobson : Founder and Chairman Emeritus, Focus on the Family
- William Kristol : American political scientist, founder of the Weekly Standard, and U.S. Republican Party strategist; board member of Foreign Policy Initiative and Keep America Safe; chief of staff to Vice President Dan Quayle and U.S. Secretary of Education William Bennett; son of Irving Kristol, dean of neoconservatism; contributor to The Weekly Standard and Washington Post; expert list, Middle East Forum
- Robert Kagan : U.S. foreign policy analyst and influencer; cofounder of the new Foreign Policy Initiative; senior associate, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, contributing editor at the New Republic and Weekly Standard, columnist, Washington Post; member, Council on Foreign Relations; fellow in American diplomatic history at American University; Aspen Strategy Group, Aspen Institute; son of Donald Kagan and brother of Frederick Kagan
- John McCain : (1936–) Republican Senator from Arizona (1986–) and the Republican presidential candidate in 2008; ranking minority member, Senate Armed Services Committee; member ex officio, Senate Select Committee on Intelligence; Commission on the Intelligence Capabilities of the United States Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction