Chief of Staff of the Army/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Chief of Staff of the Army, or pages that link to Chief of Staff of the Army or to this page or whose text .
- Department of the Army : A part of the U.S. Department of Defense, headed by an official of Assistant Secretary of Defense rank, who carries out civilian control on the U.S. Army in matters related to budget, preparation, policy, and readiness; like the Office of the Chief of Staff of the Army, not part of the general operational chain of command
- Secretary of the Army : A civilian official, nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate, who directs the U.S. Department of the Army; of Assistant Secretary of Defense rank, the Secretary replaced the cabinet-level Secretary of War
- United States Army : Branch of the United States Armed Forces with the principal responsibility of conducting large-scale ground combat
- Creighton Abrams : General in the U.S. Army, who was the last head of Military Assistance Command, Vietnam and then Chief of Staff of the Army, who built the volunteer army and restructured the reserve components under the Total Force Concept
- George Casey : U.S. Chief of Staff of the Army since 2007; previously commanded Multi-National Force-Iraq
- Gordon Sullivan : General, U.S. Army, retired; former Chief of Staff of the Army; Chairman Emeritus, Center for Security Policy; Board of Trustees, Institute for Defense Analyses; USA (Ret.) President, Association of the U.S. Army;
- Harold Johnson : U.S. Chief of Staff of the Army between 1964 and 1968, he was a full general who found himself increasingly at odds with the Vietnam War strategy of Lyndon Baines Johnson and William Westmoreland. He sponsored research on better approaches to counterinsurgency
- Eric Shinseki : U.S. Secretary of Veterans Affairs in the Obama Administration, and a retired four-star general whose last assignment was Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army
- Maxwell Taylor : U.S. Army officer who commanded Airborne units in the Second World War, he rose to full general and Chief of Staff of the Army. Recalled from retirement by John F. Kennedy, he took on a number of politicomilitary roles including Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Ambassador to South Vietnam.
- William Westmoreland : General in the U.S. Army; Commander, U.S. Military Assistance Command, Vietnam (COMUSMACV)] 1964–1968; Chief of Staff of the Army 1968–1972.
- Vice Chief of Staff of the Army : Second most senior general in the U.S. Army, who directs internal operations in doctrinal development, planning, training and readiness
- Army Staff : Add brief definition or description