Chemical plant/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Chemical plant, or pages that link to Chemical plant or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Biochemistry : The chemistry of living things; a field of both biology and chemistry.
- Hazard and Operability Study : A simple, structured methodology for identifying, evaluating and prioritizing potential hazardous occurrences in an existing process facility or a proposed new facility.
- Industrial plant : Add brief definition or description
- Inorganic chemistry : The branch of chemistry involving the scientific study of the properties and reactions of all chemical elements and chemical compounds other than the vast number of organic compounds (compounds containing at least one carbon-hydrogen bond).
- Natural gas processing : Industrial facilities that process raw natural gas to remove contaminants as well as to separate out and recover by product natural gas liquids.
- Organic chemistry : The scientific study of the structure, properties, composition, reactions, and preparation (by synthesis or by other means) of chemical compounds of carbon and hydrogen, which may contain any number of other elements.
- Petrochemical : Chemical products made from the hydrocarbons present in raw natural gas and petroleum crude oil.
- Petroleum refining processes : The chemical engineering processes used in petroleum refining.
- Process design : The design of industrial chemical engineering processes to produce desired physical and/or chemical transformation of substances.
- Process and instrumentation diagram : Add brief definition or description
- Process flow diagram : A diagram commonly used by chemical engineers in the process engineering of petroleum refineries, natural gas processing plants, petrochemical and chemical plants and other industrial facilities to indicate the general flow of plant process streams and equipment.
- Process safety : Add brief definition or description
- Process Safety Management (United States) : A regulation promulgated by the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) in 1992 and intended to prevent or minimize the consequences of catastrophic releases of toxic, reactive, flammable, or explosive "Highly Hazardous Chemicals" (HHCs) from processes.
- Unit operations : Add brief definition or description