Bourbon Democrats/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Bourbon Democrats, or pages that link to Bourbon Democrats or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Bourbon Democrats. Needs checking by a human.
- Bimetallism : The use of both gold and silver as money, with a fixed price ratio.
- Blaine Amendment : An 1875 proposed amendment to the U.S. Constitution that would have forbidden the public funding of private, denominational schools.
- Fiscal conservatism : A political position (primarily in the United States) that calls for lower levels of public spending, lower taxes and lower government debt.
- Gilded Age : the post-Civil War era in American history, from 1865 to 1901, which saw unprecedented economic, industrial, and population expansion.
- Gold Democrats : Add brief definition or description
- Grover Cleveland : The 22nd and 24th President of the United States, and the only one to serve two non-consecutive terms.
- Neoabolitionist : Add brief definition or description
- Panic of 1893 : A massive contraction in the American economy (a depression) that began in 1893 and ended in 1897.
- Populist Party : An American third party that flourished 1890-96 carrying several states in the 1892 election; in 1896 endorsed the Democratic party candidate, William Jennings Bryan.
- Reconstruction : The attempt from 1865 to 1877 in American history to resolve the issues of the American Civil War.
- Redeemers : A political coalition in the American South during the Reconstruction era, who sought to overthrow the Radical Republican coalition of Freedmen, carpetbaggers and Scalawags.
- South Carolina, History : One of the original states of the United States.
- South Carolina : A State in the South-eastern USA.
- Spoils system : Informal practice where a political party, after winning an election, gives government jobs to its voters as a reward for working toward victory, and as an incentive to keep working.
- Tariff, U.S. history : Add brief definition or description
- Texas Railroad Commission : Texas regulatory agency controlling oil and gas production and in-state rates for trucks, buses, and railroads.
- Texas, history : History of the American state of Texas from 1500 to modern times.
- Third Party System : The political universe in American politics from about 1854 to the mid 1890s; the main concerns were nationalism.
- U.S. Democratic Party, history : Add brief definition or description
- Virginia, history : Add brief definition or description
- William Jennings Bryan : (March 19, 1860 – July 26, 1925) American politician, Democratic presidential nominee and lawyer in the Scopes Trial.
- William McKinley : (1843–1901) Twenty-fifth President of the United States, Governor of Ohio.