- See also changes related to Artemisinin, or pages that link to Artemisinin or to this page or whose text .
- Malaria : A tropical infectious disease, caused by protozoa carried by mosquitoes, which is the world's worst insect vector-borne disease
- Phytotherapy : The therapeutic use of plants or plant extracts to prevent or treat disease; it is most commonly a form of complementary and alternative medicine, following long culturally-specific traditions such as herbalism. Chemically extracted and concentration-controlled plant-derived substances are used in conventional medicine, but are usually not considered phytotherapy.
- Plasmodium falciparum : Protozoan parasite, one of the species of Plasmodium that cause falciparum malaria in humans, transmitted by the female Anopheles mosquito.
- Antibiotic resistance : The development of resistance to an antibiotic in an organism originally susceptible to it
- Drug counterfeiting : Add brief definition or description
- Mefloquine : An antimalarial approved, as an orphan drug, for Plasmodium vivax chloroquine-resistant Plasmodium falciparum prevention and treatment; contraindicated in preexisting major psychiatric disease and associated with new psychiatric disorders