Apollo program/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Apollo program, or pages that link to Apollo program or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- History : Study of past human events based on evidence such as written documents.
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Aerospace engineering : The branch of engineering that concerns aircraft, spacecraft, and related topics.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration : Independent agency of the U.S. government responsible for the nation's public space program.
- Spacecraft : Vehicle designed to operate, with or without a crew, for use beyond the Earth's atmosphere.
- Apollo 13 (mission) : An unsuccessful mission of Project Apollo that was abandoned due to an on-board explosion while the craft was journeying to the moon.
- Apollo Command-Service Module : Three-man spacecraft built for NASA by North American Aviation, and one of the two spacecraft that were utilized for the Apollo program, along with the Lunar Module, to land astronauts on the Moon.
- Apollo Moon landing hoax claims : Beliefs that the Project Apollo landings on the Moon were faked by the U.S. government and did not actually happen.
- Apollo space craft : Add brief definition or description
- Atmospheric reentry : The movement of human-made or natural objects as they enter the atmosphere of a planet from outer space, in the case of Earth from an altitude above the 'edge of space.'
- Edwin ("Buzz") Aldrin : Add brief definition or description
- International Space Station : A space station currently in earth orbit assembled collaboratively by the space agencies of many nations.
- Moon : The only natural satellite of our planet, Earth.
- Neil Armstrong : Astronaut who joined NASA for Project Gemini, and first man to step foot on the Moon, Apollo 11, July 1969; Vice Chairman, Presidential Commission on the Space Shuttle Challenger Accident then Chairman of the Board of Computing Technologies for Aviation, Inc. Professor of Aeronautical Engineering at the University of Cincinnati from 1971-1980; appointed to the National Commission on Space in 1985.
- Project Mercury : The United States' first manned spaceflight program.
- Rocket science : Variously an incorrect name for various engineering disciplines in dealing with unguided rockets or the rocket engines of more intelligent vehicles, or an ironic description of something very complex or very simple (i.e., "this isn't rocket science")
- Saturn space launch vehicle : Add brief definition or description
- Space Race : A competition of space exploration between the United States and Soviet Union, which lasted roughly from 1957 to 1975.
- Space Shuttle program : The current US manned space program which began with its first flight, STS-1, on April 12, 1981; also known as the Space Transportation System.
- Space Shuttle Challenger disaster : The disintegration of the Challenger shortly after takeoff on January 28, 1986.