From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Voltage. Needs checking by a human.
- Action potential : A brief change in voltage that travels along a cell membrane.
- : A controlled reduction of strength of some force (e.g., voltage) or microorganism (e.g., an attenuated virus used in a vaccine
- Bioelectrical impedance analysis : Method for estimating body composition using electrical impedance.
- Central processing unit : The component in an electronic computer that performs all the active processing of its programming directions, and manipulation of data; this includes performing calculations on numbers, and determining which particular steps to perform.
- Data (general) : "Pieces of information", especially numbers or quantities
- Electric motor : A device which converts electrical energy into mechanical energy.
- Electric potential : The potential energy associated with interacting charges and more commonly known as voltage.
- Energy (science) : A measurable physical quantity of a system which can be expressed in joules (the metric unit for a quantity of energy) or other measurement units such as ergs, calories, watt-hours or Btu.
- International Space Station : A space station currently in earth orbit assembled collaboratively by the space agencies of many nations.
- Kirchhoff's current law : Add brief definition or description
- Kirchhoff's voltage law : The sum of the electromotive forces in any closed loop of an electrical circuit is equal to the sum of the potential differences in that loop.
- Length constant : Constant used in neurobiology for measuring the passive spread of Na+ current through the axon of a nerve membrane.
- Ohm's Law : Add brief definition or description
- Operational amplifier : A DC-coupled high-gain electronic voltage amplifier with differential inputs and, usually, a single output.
- Pantograph (rail) : A device for connecting electrically powered vehicles to overhead power cables.
- Resistor : One of the basic components in electrical circuits.
- United Kingdom : Constitutional monarchy which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Vaccine : "suspensions of killed or attenuated microorganisms (bacteria, viruses, fungi, protozoa, or rickettsiae), antigenic proteins derived from them, or synthetic constructs, administered for the prevention, amelioration, or treatment of infectious and other diseases."(National Library of Medicine)
- Volt : SI unit of electrical potential; symbol V; 1 V = 1 W/A = 1 J/C.
- Welding : Fabrication process that joins materials, usually metals or thermoplastics, by causing coalescence at a high melting point.