Variola virus/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Variola virus, or pages that link to Variola virus or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Variola virus. Needs checking by a human.
- Active immunity : The state in which a host maintains an enhanced immunity|immune response]] to a particular disease, triggered either by having had the disease or by receiving antigens for it.
- CDC Bioterrorism Agents-Disease list : Add brief definition or description
- Centers for Disease Control : A major center of epidemiologic research and clinical support in epidemics, considered a world resource although part of the United States Public Health Service, located in Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Dual-use : Materials or equipment capable of being used either in civilian applications, or for military applications subject to counterproliferation controls, or for other sensitive uses such as the drug trade
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act : The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), public law 104-191, is a statute enacted by the 104th U. S. Congress on August 21, 1996; it's primary impact is on protecting the confidentiality of health-case data.
- Select Agent Program : Pathogens or biological toxins which have been declared by the US Department of Health and Human Services or by the US Department of Agriculture to have the potential to pose a severe threat to public health and safety.
- Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility : A work area with the administrative, physical, and electronic safeguards to allow proper protection of information or materials under the requirements of a compartmented control system
- Smallpox : A contagious infectious disease, caused by Variola major, which has been eradicated from the wild; its reappearance would almost certainly be biological warfare and a worldwide crisis
- U.S. intelligence analysis of patterns of infectious diseases and impacts : The United States intelligence community model for the spread and world impact of infectious disease
- Vaccination : A preventative health measure that can confer immunity to an infectious disease, without requiring that the vaccinated individual actually contract the disease.