From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Vaccination, or pages that link to Vaccination or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Vaccination. Needs checking by a human.
- Active immunity : The state in which a host maintains an enhanced immunity|immune response]] to a particular disease, triggered either by having had the disease or by receiving antigens for it.
- Allopathy : An essentially discredited medical theory of the 19th century and earlier, which focused on using drugs, sometimes in high doses, that produced the opposite to an undesired symptom; they were not targeted on etiology
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease : A group of diseases characterized by the pathological limitation of airflow in the airway that is not fully reversible.
- Conservapedia : Conservative wiki encyclopedia project founded by Andrew Schlafly as an alternative to Wikipedia and its "liberal bias", instead preferring conservative Christian and Republican Party viewpoints.
- Critical views of chiropractic : An indepth discussion of the aspects of chiropractic that define its position in the modern healthcare arena with special emphasis on those related to its role in alternative medicine.
- Dog : Domesticated canine often kept as a pet or as a working animal and known as 'man's best friend'.
- Homeopathy : System of alternative medicine involving administration of highly diluted substances with the intention to stimulate the body's natural healing processes, not considered proven by mainstream science.
- Life extension : Medical and non-medical attempts to slow down or reverse the processes of aging, to extend both the maximum and average lifespan.
- Multiple sclerosis : A chronic, inflammatory, demyelinating disease that affects the central nervous system (CNS).
- Rejuvenation (aging) : Hypothetical reversal of the aging process, aiming to repair the damage that is associated with aging or replacement of damaged tissue with new tissue.
- Salmonella enterica : Rod shaped, flagellated, aerobic, Gram-negative bacterium that causes food poisoning and gastroenteritis.
- Smallpox : A contagious infectious disease, caused by Variola major, which has been eradicated from the wild; its reappearance would almost certainly be biological warfare and a worldwide crisis
- Tetanus : Acute, often fatal disease characterized by spasmodic contraction of voluntary muscles, especially those of the neck and jaw, and caused by the toxin of the bacillus Clostridium tetani.
- United Kingdom : Constitutional monarchy which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Vaccine : "suspensions of killed or attenuated microorganisms (bacteria, viruses, fungi, protozoa, or rickettsiae), antigenic proteins derived from them, or synthetic constructs, administered for the prevention, amelioration, or treatment of infectious and other diseases."(National Library of Medicine)
- Virology : The study of viruses, sometimes included in the field of microbiology.
- Virus (biology) : A microscopic particle that can infect the cells of a biological organism and can reproduce only with the assistance of the cells it infects.
- Yersinia pestis : Gram-negative rod-shaped bacterium belonging to the family Enterobacteriaceae, that can infect humans and other animals in three main forms: pneumonic, septicemic, and the notorious bubonic plagues.