Active immunity/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Active immunity, or pages that link to Active immunity or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Active immunity. Needs checking by a human.
- Homeopathy : System of alternative medicine involving administration of highly diluted substances with the intention to stimulate the body's natural healing processes, not considered proven by mainstream science.
- Infectious disease : In broad terms, diseases caused by living organisms; also a subspecialty of internal medicine concerned with the treatment of such diseases
- Passive immunity : Temporary enhancement of immune defense against a toxin from bacteria, venomous snakes, poisonous arthropods, etc. It does not confer long-term active immunity, which may be created with different therapy
- Vaccination : A preventative health measure that can confer immunity to an infectious disease, without requiring that the vaccinated individual actually contract the disease.
- Vaccine : "suspensions of killed or attenuated microorganisms (bacteria, viruses, fungi, protozoa, or rickettsiae), antigenic proteins derived from them, or synthetic constructs, administered for the prevention, amelioration, or treatment of infectious and other diseases."(National Library of Medicine)