Infectious disease/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Infectious disease, or pages that link to Infectious disease or to this page or whose text .
- Epidemiology : The branch of demography that studies patterns of disease in human or animal populations.
- Medicine : The study of health and disease of the human body.
- Microbiology : The study of microorganisms (overlapping with areas of virology, bacteriology, mycology, and parasitology).
- Antibiotic : Drugs that reduce the growth or reproduction of bacteria.
- Antiviral : Add brief definition or description
- Active immunity : The state in which a host maintains an enhanced immunity|immune response]] to a particular disease, triggered either by having had the disease or by receiving antigens for it.
- Passive immunity : Temporary enhancement of immune defense against a toxin from bacteria, venomous snakes, poisonous arthropods, etc. It does not confer long-term active immunity, which may be created with different therapy
- Vaccine : "suspensions of killed or attenuated microorganisms (bacteria, viruses, fungi, protozoa, or rickettsiae), antigenic proteins derived from them, or synthetic constructs, administered for the prevention, amelioration, or treatment of infectious and other diseases."(National Library of Medicine)
- Infectious Disease Society of America : American medical association representing physicians, scientists and other health care professionals who specialize in infectious diseases.
- International Society for Infectious Diseases : Add brief definition or description
- ProMED : Add brief definition or description