Centers for Disease Control/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Centers for Disease Control, or pages that link to Centers for Disease Control or to this page or whose text .
- Public health : Branch of medicine concerned with the prevention and control of disease and disability, and the promotion of physical and mental health of the population on the international, national, state, or municipal level
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services : The primary cabinet-level department of the United States, concerned with health affairs
- CDC Bioterrorism Agents-Disease list : Add brief definition or description
- Epidemiological Intelligence Service : Add brief definition or description
- Select Agent Program : Pathogens or biological toxins which have been declared by the US Department of Health and Human Services or by the US Department of Agriculture to have the potential to pose a severe threat to public health and safety.
- Biological Safety Level : Add brief definition or description
- Epidemic : Sudden increase in the incidence of a disease
- Epidemiology : The branch of demography that studies patterns of disease in human or animal populations.
- Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome : Add brief definition or description
- Hemorrhagic fever : Add brief definition or description
- Immunization : Add brief definition or description
- National Institutes of Health : "The steward of medical and behavioral research for the Nation." (National Institutes of Health)
- Pandemic : Add brief definition or description
- World Health Organization : United Nations' agency for health, focussing on the control and prevention of diseases, and the support for international health programs.
- U.S. intelligence and global health : Analysis by the United States intelligence community, in conjunction with more general health organizations, relating to issues of human survival from health-related issues
- United States Public Health Service : Add brief definition or description