User talk:Dr. Raman Chandrasekar
Welcome, new editor! We're very glad you've joined us. Here are pointers for a quick start. Also, when you get a chance, please read The Editor Role. You can look at Getting Started for other helpful introductory pages. It is essential for you as an editor to join the Citizendium-Editors (broadcast) mailing list in order to stay abreast of editor-related issues, as well as the mailing list(s) that concern your particular interests. It is also important, for project-wide matters, to join the Citizendium-L (broadcast) mailing list. You can test out editing in the sandbox if you'd like. If you need help to get going, the forums is one option. That's also where we discuss policy and proposals. You can ask any constable for help, too. Me, for instance! Just put a note on their "talk" page. Again, welcome and thank you! We appreciate your willingness to share your expertise, and we hope to see your edits on Recent changes soon. Larry Sanger 15:58, 26 September 2008 (CDT)
Nice to receive your message. I am sure i will contribute from myside. This month i have little busy with conference and academic schedule. When ever i free i will strate writing my article for Citizendium.
Some ideas for contributions
Hi Chandru, welcome aboard CZ. Larry has already given you some hints as to how things work here in general, and I wish to add some more practical hints on what possibilities you have to contribute. For a start, I just took some of the keywords from the information you supplied upon registration, and display below the current state of related CZ articles (for documentation, see Template:Rpl/Doc):
- Protein: A polymer of amino acids; basic building block of living systems.
- Biochemistry: The chemistry of living things; a field of both biology and chemistry.
- Photography: Art and science of capturing an image on a light sensitive material.
- Insect: One of numerous small arthropod animals with six legs, an exoskeleton that grows by molting, and oftentimes wings.
- Entomology: Add brief definition or description
- Metabolism: The modification of chemical substances by living organisms.
- Gene: The functional unit of heredity.
- Molecular biology: The study of molecular interactions within cells.
- Metamorphosis: Add brief definition or description
- Reproduction: Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Reproduction (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Nutrition: The study of foods and nutrients and their effects on health, growth and development of any individual.
- Hormone: A chemical director of biological activity that travels through some portion of the body as a messenger.
- India: Republic in South Asia; the world's largest democracy. Borders Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burma, China, Nepal, Pakistan
- Korea: Historical country and peninsula of northeastern Asia, comprising the states of North Korea and South Korea.
- Sri Lanka: An island nation in South Asia, located 31 km off the south-east coast of India, formerly known as Ceylon .
- Amsacta albistriga: Add brief definition or description
- Bombyx mori: Add brief definition or description
- Silk: Add brief definition or description
- Spodoptera litura: Add brief definition or description
- Hyphantira cunea: Add brief definition or description
- Vitellogenin: Add brief definition or description
- Yolk: Add brief definition or description
- Ferritin: An intracellular protein-iron complex in which iron reserves are stored
- Lipid: Group of organic compounds, including the fats, oils, waxes, sterols, and triglycerides, that are insoluble in water but soluble in nonpolar organic solvents, and together with carbohydrates and proteins constitute the principal structural material of living cells.
- Lipoprotein: A molecular mixture of long chains of fatty and amino acids.
- Lepidoptera: Add brief definition or description
- Model organism: Species often used in research as models for the study of biological processes.
- Bioinformatics: The study of (usually molecular) biological systems by computational means.
Looking forward to collaborative editing, Daniel Mietchen 07:30, 28 September 2008 (CDT)
Returning to Citizendium: an update on the project and how to get involved
Hello - some time ago you became part of the Citizendium project, but we haven't seen you around for a while. Perhaps you'd like to update your public biography or check on the progress of any pages you've edited so far.
Citizendium now has over 16,000 articles, with more than 150 approved by specialist Editors such as yourself, but our contributor numbers require a boost. We have an initiative called 'Eduzendium' that brings in students enrolled on university courses to write articles for credit, but we still need more Editors across the community to write, discuss and approve material. There are some developed Biology articles that could be improved and approved, and some high-priority articles that we don't have yet. You can also create new articles via this guide, and contribute to some Biology pages that have been recently edited - or to any others on Citizendium, since you're a general Author as well as a specialist Editor. You may like to contribute to discussions in the forums, and might consider running for an elected position on the Management and Editorial Councils that oversee the project.
If you have any questions, let me know via my Talk page or by leaving a message below this one. Thank you for signing up and reading this update; I hope that you will look in on our community soon. John Stephenson 13:23, 19 November 2011 (UTC)