I am a linguist interested in acquisition of second language phonology and comprehension-based language learning. My experience comprises part-time lecture work at the universities of York and Durham in the UK (2003-2006), then teaching linguistics and English at Mie University in Japan (2006-2013). I am the author of a chapter in T. Piske and M. Young-Scholten's (eds) Input Matters in SLA (2009; Multilingual Matters). My formal qualifications include a BA in linguistics (Manchester) and an MA in language acquisition (Durham). And that's it!
- Since October 2013 I have been a 'Constable', i.e. a site administrator who is also responsible for keeping an eye out for vandalism and unpleasantness. I previously did this job for a while in 2007.
- Since February 2013 I have been the administrator of the Citizendium Forum.
- I am a moderator of Citizendium's social networking pages on Twitter (general news; new pages), Facebook and Google+.
- My recent Citizendium edits - look here to see what I've been working on (or just see if I know what I'm talking about). See also logs and here (a few of the 16,887 live articles on Citizendium).
- I was mostly responsible for the original information on many of the Linguistics Workgroup pages, and tried to get linguists and departments to link to Linguistics.
- See here for a list of uncategorised pages that omits subpages (which make this difficult to work with).
- I was an Editorial Council member.
Workgroups I've contributed to
|Linguistics Workgroup||Linguistics||All (410)||To be (0)||Citable (0)||Editors (4) / Authors (183)||Discussion|
|Psychology Workgroup||Psychology||All (310)||To be (0)||Citable (0)||Editors (4) / Authors (167)||Discussion|
|Education Workgroup||Education||All (226)||To be (0)||Citable (0)||Editors (1) / Authors (258)||Discussion|
|History Workgroup||History||All (2,905)||To be (1)||Citable (44)||Editors (5) / Authors (490)||Discussion|
|Politics Workgroup||Politics||All (2,397)||To be (0)||Citable (21)||Editors (3) / Authors (277)||Discussion|
|Geography Workgroup||Geography||All (1,285)||To be (0)||Citable (4)||Editors (1) / Authors (169)||Discussion|
|Media Workgroup||Media||All (450)||To be (0)||Citable (4)||Editors (3) / Authors (166)||Discussion|
|Workgroup||Total articles||Developed #||Developed %||Approved #||Approved %|
Templates etc. that may or may not work.