See something needing your input? Click here to Join us in providing quality, expert-guided information to the public for free!
Thomas Hunt Morgan/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes and topics related to Thomas Hunt Morgan, or pages that link to Thomas Hunt Morgan or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Thomas Hunt Morgan. Needs checking by a human.
- Barbara McClintock : (1902 – 1992) - American cytogeneticist who won a Nobel Prize in 1983 for the discovery of genetic transposition.
- Biology : The science of life — of complex, self-organizing, information-processing systems living in the past, present or future.
- DNA : A macromolecule — chemically, a nucleic acid — that stores genetic information.
- Eugenics : The general name for a series of ostensibly scientific claims about inheritance among humans, which sought to eliminate traits, such as "imbecility" or criminal behavior, by selective sterilization, regulation of family size, and restrictions on who could marry whom.
- Genetics : The study of the inheritance of characteristics, genes and DNA.
- Gregor Mendel : (1822 - 1884) Discovered the fundamental principles of inheritance which were essential in establishing the genetic basis of heredity.
- Jean Baptiste de Lamarck : (1 August 1744 - 28 December 1829) French naturalist and biologist noted for his study and classification of invertebrates and for his introduction of evolutionary theories.
- Model organism : Species often used in research as models for the study of biological processes.