See something needing your input? Click here to Join us in providing quality, expert-guided information to the public for free!
Gregor Mendel/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes and topics related to Gregor Mendel, or pages that link to Gregor Mendel or to this page or whose text .
- Biology : The science of life — of complex, self-organizing, information-processing systems living in the past, present or future.
- Natural selection : The differential survival and/or reproduction of classes of entities that differ in one or more characteristics
- Botany : The study of plants, algae and fungi (mycology).
- Classical plant breeding : The application of genetic principles to improve cultivated plants.
- Genetics : The study of the inheritance of characteristics, genes and DNA.
- DNA : A macromolecule — chemically, a nucleic acid — that stores genetic information.
- Charles Darwin : (1809 – 1882) English natural scientist, most famous for proposing the theory of natural selection.
- The Origin of Species : 1859 book by Charles Darwin expounding the theory of evolution through natural selection
- Thomas Hunt Morgan : (1866-1945), Winner of the 1933 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for his work in genetics, specifically his discoveries of the role of the chromosome in heredity.