Natural selection/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Natural selection, or pages that link to Natural selection or to this page or whose text .
- Adaptation : Describes the event of a trait being selected by the mechanism of natural selection.
- Evolution : A change over time in the proportions of individual organisms differing genetically.
- Genetic drift : Describes how some alleles either increase or decrease in a population due to chance events.
- Gene flow : The movement of genetic alleles from one population to another. If there is a low gene flow between two populations they may become distinct species.
- Mutation : Changes to the DNA sequence that cause new genetic variation.
- Speciation : An event that produces two lineages that become separate species.