From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Temperature, or pages that link to Temperature or to this page or whose text .
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Earth science : The study of the components and processes of the planet Earth.
- Atmospheric science : The umbrella term for the study of the Earth's atmosphere.
- Oceanography : The scientific study of the oceans.
- Absolute zero : The point at which no further heat can be removed from an object.
- Body temperature : Add brief definition or description
- Celsius : Unit of temperature, defined by a scale in which the melting point of water is set to zero, and the temperature difference between the melting and the boiling points to 100.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Color temperature (black body radiation) : Add brief definition or description
- Entropy (thermodynamics) : Thermodynamic variable S appearing in the second law of thermodynamics.
- Environmental engineering : A field of engineering devoted to remediation of all forms of pollution.
- Fahrenheit (unit) : A unit of temperature, defined by the melting point of water being at 32 degrees (°F), and the temperature difference between the melting and the boiling points to 180.
- Heat : A form of energy that flows spontaneously from hotter to colder bodies that are in thermal contact.
- International Temperature Scale of 1990 : Add brief definition or description
- Kelvin : Unit of temperature, with 0 degrees set to absolute zero and the difference between the melting and boiling points of water being 100 degrees, as with Celsius; one of the seven SI base units.
- Maxwell's demon : A gedankenexperiment in which information is used to reduce the entropy of a thermodynamic system; often described as a paradox in relation to the second law of thermodynamics.
- Meteorology : The interdisciplinary scientific study of the processes and phenomena of the atmosphere, including weather studies and forecasting
- Rankine (unit) : A unit of temperature, defined by absolute zero being at 0 degrees (°R), with 1°R being equal to 1°F (Fahrenheit), i.e. the temperature difference between the melting and the boiling points of water is set to 180.
- Temperature conversion : The process of transforming values of temperature measured in one unit to values in another unit.
- Thermodynamic temperature : Add brief definition or description
- Thermography : Add brief definition or description
- Thermometer : Add brief definition or description
- Triple point : Add brief definition or description
- Wet bulb temperature : Add brief definition or description