Kelvin (unit)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Kelvin (unit), or pages that link to Kelvin (unit) or to this page or whose text .
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Earth science : The study of the components and processes of the planet Earth.
- William Thomson, 1st Baron Kelvin : (1824-1907) British scientist who developed the concept of absolute zero and devised a temperature scale based on it, which is now named in his honour.
- Atmospheric science : The umbrella term for the study of the Earth's atmosphere.
- Oceanography : The scientific study of the oceans.
- Temperature : A fundamental quantity in physics - describes how warm or cold a system is.
- Absolute zero : The point at which no further heat can be removed from an object.
- Celsius : Unit of temperature, defined by a scale in which the melting point of water is set to zero, and the temperature difference between the melting and the boiling points to 100.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Environmental engineering : A field of engineering devoted to remediation of all forms of pollution.
- Heat : A form of energy that flows spontaneously from hotter to colder bodies that are in thermal contact.
- International Temperature Scale of 1990 : Add brief definition or description
- Meteorology : The interdisciplinary scientific study of the processes and phenomena of the atmosphere, including weather studies and forecasting
- Temperature conversion : The process of transforming values of temperature measured in one unit to values in another unit.
- Thermodynamic temperature : Add brief definition or description
- Thermometer : Add brief definition or description