Environmental engineering/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Environmental engineering, or pages that link to Environmental engineering or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Environmental science : Interdisciplinary scientific field that integrates physical and life sciences including physics, chemistry, biology, soil science, geology, and geography in the study of the physical environment and the solution of environmental problems.
- Environmental chemistry : The scientific study of the chemical and biochemical phenomena that occurs in natural places.
- Air pollution dispersion modeling : Describes the basic mathematical simulation (i.e., modeling) of how buoyant air pollutants disperse in the atmosphere.
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers : A professional organization in the United States for chemical engineers.
- API oil-water separator : A device for removing oil from industrial wastewaters.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Civil engineering : A broad field of engineering dealing with the design, construction, and maintenance of fixed structures, including roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, and water supply and sewage systems.
- Dissolved air flotation : A device for separating and removing suspended oil or solids from wastewaters.
- Large-scale trickle filters : One of the processes by which biodegradable substances in wastewaters are biochemically oxidized.
- Mechanical engineering : The branch of engineering concerned with the utilisation of the basic laws of mathematics, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, and system dynamics in order to create unique solutions to physical problems.
- Natural environment : A term that encompasses all living and non-living things occurring naturally on Earth or some region of Earth.