From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Information security : The set of policies and protective measures used to ensure appropriate confidentiality, integrity and availability to information; usually assumed to be information in a computer or telecommunications network but the principles extend to people and the physical world
- Confidentiality : Assurance that information will not be disclosed to unauthorized parties
- Malware : A term created from the words "malicious" and "software", used to describe undesirable or harmful software and changes to a computer.
- Virus (computers) : A piece of malware that can exist only as part of another, authorized piece of software, which is an unauthorized consumer of resources on a computer; it may or may not propagate to other computers inside software sent to them
- Worm (computers) : A form of malware that can spread, among networked computers, without human interaction.