Worm (computers)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Worm (computers), or pages that link to Worm (computers) or to this page or whose text .
- Information security : The set of policies and protective measures used to ensure appropriate confidentiality, integrity and availability to information; usually assumed to be information in a computer or telecommunications network but the principles extend to people and the physical world
- Malware : A term created from the words "malicious" and "software", used to describe undesirable or harmful software and changes to a computer.
- Morris worm : The first worm (computers)) to run wild on the Internet, in 1988
- Slammer worm : An extremely infective piece of malware, specifically a worm (computers) that crippled the Internet in 2003
- Ingress filtering : A class of network security measures based on the assumption that a packet entering a network must be forged, if the network has no return route to its source address
- Virus (computers) : A piece of malware that can exist only as part of another, authorized piece of software, which is an unauthorized consumer of resources on a computer; it may or may not propagate to other computers inside software sent to them