Socialism in National Socialism/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Socialism in National Socialism, or pages that link to Socialism in National Socialism or to this page or whose text .
- Socialism : Any socio-economic system in which property and distribution of wealth are controlled by a community, by cooperation law.
- Gottfried Feder : German construction engineer and amateur economist, who cofounded the German Workers' Party, which became the Nazi Party; attracted Adolf Hitler; fell out of favor due to left-wing views party co-founder focused on abolition of interest
- Ernst Roehm : (1887-1934) Career military officer; early Nazi and closest friend of Adolf Hitler, and the operational leader, in the 1930s, of the Sturmabteilung ("Storm Troops"; “Brownshirts”, SA); revolutionary who emphasized socialism in National Socialism; purged and killed 1934, as part of the Night of the Long Knives supported military socialist rule; anti-capitalist
- Gregor Strasser : (1892-1934), elder brother of Otto Strasser; leftist National Socialist, head of 1925 Political Organization) then rival of Adolf Hitler; WW1 officer, Gauleiter of Niederbayern-Oberpfalz (1925-1929), Reichsorganisationsleiter (1929-1932); killed during Night of the Long Knives
- Otto Strasser : (1897-1974), younger brother of Gregor Strasser; WW1 officer, Freikorps leader, Ex-SPD, Working Association of the North and West, formed the socialist anti-Nazi Black Front when expelled from the NDSAP in 1930