From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Palynology, or pages that link to Palynology or to this page or whose text .
- Earth science : The study of the components and processes of the planet Earth.
- Stage (geology) : A unit in the study of soil layers.
- Age (geology) : The fundamental chronostratigraphic unit.
- Geologic time scale : Add brief definition or description
- Geologic ages of earth history : Measurement of the geologic history of the earth which can be broadly classified into two periods: the Precambrian supereon and the Phanerozoic eon.
- Chronostratigraphy : The branch of stratigraphy that studies the relative time relations and ages of rock bodies.
- Geochronology : Science of determining the absolute age of rocks, fossils, and sediments, within a certain degree of uncertainty inherent within the method used.
- Geochronometry : A branch of stratigraphy and of geochronology aimed at the quantitative measurement of geologic time.
- Hydrology : The interdisciplinary study of the movement, characteristics and distribution of water, surface-water (fresh water and salt water), groundwater, and water-quality.
- Biostratigraphy : A domain of stratigraphy that involves the identification of fossils and their position relative to their occurrences in space and time.