From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Chemical hydrology: the study of the chemical characteristics of water. Also called hydrochemistry, chemical hydrology deals with the chemical characteristics of the surface water (freshwater and marine) and subterranean water. Water is a chemical solvent and, interacting chemically with materials with which it comes into contact, can dissolve many elements.
- Drainage basin management hydrology.
- Ecohydrology (the study of interactions between organisms and the hydrologic cycle).
- Engineering hydrology
- Global hydrology
- Groundwater hydrology
- Hydrogeology is the study of the presence and movement of water in aquifers.
- Hydroinformatics is the adaptation of information technology to hydrology and water resources applications.
- Hydrometeorology is the study of the transfer of water and energy between land and water body surfaces and the lower atmosphere.
- Isotope hydrology is the study of the isotopic signatures of water.
- Operational hydrology
- Qualitative hydrology
- Surface hydrology is the study of hydrologic processes that operate at or near the Earth's surface.
- Water resources development and management
- American Institute of Hydrology
- British Hydrological Society
- International Glossary of hydrology
- Water resources of the United States USGA
- Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology
- Virtual campus in hydrology and water resources management A cooperative of Institute of Soil and Water resources Management (Hydrology and Land Improvement Laboratory) EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland; Technical University of Civil Engineering Bucharest, Romania (TUCEB); University Timisoara, Faculty of Hydrotechnics, Romania; Technical University "Gheorghe Asachi" of Iasi (T.U.I.), Romania; Sophia University "St Kliment Ohridski", Geology and Geography Faculty ; National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology ; Institute of Water Problems, Bulgaria; Kharkiv State Technical University of Civil Engineering and Architecture (KSTUCA), Ukrainia; Ukrainian Scientific Research Institute of Ecological Problems (USRIEP), Ukrainia; Technical University of Moldova, Faculty of Urban Engineering and Architecture, Chisinau, Moldova
- Earth science
- Stage (geology)
- Age (geology)
- Geologic time scale
- Geologic ages of earth history