Radical Republican/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Radical Republican, or pages that link to Radical Republican or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Radical Republican. Needs checking by a human.
- Allan Nevins : (1890 - 1971), American historian known for his history of the Civil War era, political biographies, and business histories.
- American Civil War : Major war 1861-65 fought over slavery in which the U.S. defeated the secessionist Confederate States of America.
- Charles Sumner : Add brief definition or description
- Confederate States of America : Government formed by eleven southern states of the United States between 1861 and 1865, during the American Civil War.
- Horace Greeley : Add brief definition or description
- James G. Blaine : Republican presidential candidate in 1884; politician of the American Civil War, Reconstruction and Gilded Age eras.
- James Lusk Alcorn : (1816–1894) Prominent Scalawag politician in Mississippi during 19th century Reconstruction.
- Ku Klux Klan : Add brief definition or description
- Methodist Church, South : Add brief definition or description
- Neoabolitionist : Add brief definition or description
- Redeemers : A political coalition in the American South during the Reconstruction era, who sought to overthrow the Radical Republican coalition of Freedmen, carpetbaggers and Scalawags.
- Rutherford B. Hayes : (1822-1893) The Republican President of the United States, 1877-1881.
- Scalawag : A Southern white American who joined the Republican party during Reconstruction.
- Thaddeus Stevens : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. Republican Party, history : Add brief definition or description