James G. Blaine/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to James G. Blaine, or pages that link to James G. Blaine or to this page or whose text .
- Maine : A State in New England, in the north-east USA.
- Radical Republican : Add brief definition or description
- Reconstruction : The attempt from 1865 to 1877 in American history to resolve the issues of the American Civil War.
- Ulysses S. Grant : (1822-1885) American general and 18th president of the United States (1869-1877).
- O.O. Howard : Add brief definition or description
- Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain : U.S. educator deeply bonded to Bowdoin College, from undergraduate to President; American Civil War general and recipient of the Medal of Honor; Governor of Maine
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/James G. Blaine. Needs checking by a human.
- 38th United States Congress : U.S. Congress seated March 4, 1863 to March 3, 1865, the last two years of President Abraham Lincoln's first term.
- 39th United States Congress : U.S. Congress seated March 4, 1865 to March 3, 1867, during the 2nd term of President Abraham Lincoln and the first 2 years of Andrew Johnson's term.
- 40th United States Congress : U.S. Congress seated March 4, 1867 to March 3, 1869, the last two years of President Andrew Johnson's term.
- 41st United States Congress : U.S. Congress seated March 4, 1869 to March 3, 1871, the first two years of President Ulysses S. Grant's term.
- American Civil War : Major war 1861-65 fought over slavery in which the U.S. defeated the secessionist Confederate States of America.
- Benjamin Harrison : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Benjamin Harrison (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Blaine Amendment : An 1875 proposed amendment to the U.S. Constitution that would have forbidden the public funding of private, denominational schools.
- Gilded Age : the post-Civil War era in American history, from 1865 to 1901, which saw unprecedented economic, industrial, and population expansion.
- Grover Cleveland : The 22nd and 24th President of the United States, and the only one to serve two non-consecutive terms.
- Rum : An alcoholic spirit distilled from cane sugar or molasses, originating in the Caribbean and having a historic association with navies
- Theodore Roosevelt : (1858-1919), Twenty-sixth President of the United States, naturalist, historian, political reformer, and Progressive Era politician.
- U.S. Department of State : Agency of the executive branch of the U.S. government responsible for foreign policy and the conduct of American diplomacy.
- U.S. Republican Party, history : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. Republican Party : One of two major contemporary political parties in the United States; center-right; the elephant is its symbol.
- U.S. foreign policy : The foreign relations and diplomacy of the United States since 1775.
- William McKinley : (1843–1901) Twenty-fifth President of the United States, Governor of Ohio.