Third Party System/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Third Party System, or pages that link to Third Party System or to this page or whose text .
- American election campaigns, 19th century : In the 19th century during the First Party System, the Second Party System and the Third Party System the United States invented or developed a number of new methods for conducting American Election Campaigns.
- Second Party System : Term used by historians and political scientists referring to the United States' political system from about 1828 to 1854.
- Fourth Party System : Period in American political history from about 1896 to 1932, the Progressive Era.
- Gilded Age : the post-Civil War era in American history, from 1865 to 1901, which saw unprecedented economic, industrial, and population expansion.
- Populist Party : An American third party that flourished 1890-96 carrying several states in the 1892 election; in 1896 endorsed the Democratic party candidate, William Jennings Bryan.
- U.S. Republican Party, history : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. Democratic Party, history : Add brief definition or description
- Reconstruction : The attempt from 1865 to 1877 in American history to resolve the issues of the American Civil War.