From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Pyrenees, or pages that link to Pyrenees or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Pyrenees. Needs checking by a human.
- Andorra : Small landlocked country in western Europe, located in the eastern Pyrenees mountains and bordered by Spain and France.
- Aragonese language : Romance language mainly spoken in northern Aragon.
- Aran Valley : Semi-autonomous valley of northern Spain, culturally in Occitania.
- Aranese Occitan : Add brief definition or description
- Atlantic Ocean : Second largest ocean in the world; separates the Americas from Europe and Africa.
- Catalan Countries : Cultural territory of southwestern Europe where Catalan is the native language.
- Country : Nation, state, region, or territory, or large tract of land distinguishable by features of topography, biology, or culture.
- Europe : Sixth largest continent; area 10,000,000 km2; pop. 720,000,000
- Euro : The official currency of the European Monetary Union.
- France : Western European republic (population c. 64.1 million; capital Paris) extending across Europe from the English Channel in the north-west to the Mediterranean in the south-east; bounded by Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Andorra and Spain; founding member of the European Union. Colonial power in Southeast Asia until 1954.
- French language : A Romance language spoken in northwestern Europe (mainly in France, Belgium, Switzerland), in Canada and in many other countries.
- Gibraltar : Self-governing British overseas territory located on the southern end of the Iberian Peninsula and Europe, overlooking the Strait of Gibraltar.
- Iberian Peninsula : Peninsula containing Portugal, Spain, Andorra and Gibraltar, bordering the Mediterranean Sea and Atlantic Ocean.
- Mediterranean Sea : The body of water separating Europe from Africa.
- Mountain range : Chain of mountains bordered by highlands or separated from other mountains by passes or valleys.
- Occitania : Area of southwestern Europe were the Occitan language is spoken.
- Ordesa and Monte Perdido National Park : Natural park in the Pyrenees (Aragon, Spain).
- Peninsula : A piece of land surrounded mostly by sea, but adjoining some land.
- Portugal : South-west European republic (population c. 10.7 million; capital Lisbon) on the western side of the Iberian Peninsula, with a long Atlantic coastline to its west and bordering Spain to the north and east.
- Pyrenees National Park : Natural park in the Pyrenees (Gascony and Bearn, France).
- Spanish Civil War : (1936-1939) War between Francisco Franco's Loyalist forces against the leftist Republican government of Spain.
- Spanish language : A Romance language widely spoken in Spain, its current and former territories, and the United States of America.