Prostate cancer/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Prostate cancer, or pages that link to Prostate cancer or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Prostate cancer. Needs checking by a human.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality : Organization dedicated to improving the quality of health care in the US.
- Breast cancer : Cancer of the glandular breast tissue.
- Cancer : A generic term for a large group of diseases that can affect any part of the body; one defining feature is the rapid creation of abnormal cells that grow beyond their usual boundaries, and which can then invade adjoining parts of the body and spread to other organs.
- Digital object identifier : Unique label for a computer readable object that can be found on the internet, usually used in academic journals.
- Fibromyalgia : Inflammation of the fibrous or connective tissue of the body, characterized by acute and debilitating widespread musculoskeletal pain.
- Medical malpractice : Improper, unskilled, or negligent treatment of a patient by a physician, dentist, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care professional.
- Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine : Award conferred once a year by the Swedish Karolinska Institute, for physiology or medicine, since 1901.
- Prostate specific antigen : A protease secreted by the epithelial cells of the prostate gland, elevated in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostate cancer.
- Prostate : Compound tubuloalveolar exocrine gland of the male mammalian reproductive system.
- Radiotherapy : The use of ionizing radiation to treat malignant neoplasms and some benign conditions.
- Watchful waiting : Active monitoring of a disease, but with no more than symptomatic treatment, based on the chance the disease will either be self-limiting, or will not progress quickly enough to justify potentially hazardous disease-modifying treatment