From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Peritonitis, or pages that link to Peritonitis or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Peritonitis. Needs checking by a human.
- Acidosis : Condition noted for accumulation of acid (e.g., lactate ion) or depletion of alkaline reserves (bicarbonate ion) in blood and tissues.
- Appendicitis : Acute inflammation of the appendix, which can be classified as simple, gangrenous, or perforated.
- Ascites : Accumulation of serous fluids in the space between the tissues and organs of the abdominal cavity.
- Contraception (medical methods) : Medications and medical devices used to prevent pregnancy in sexually active couples.
- Fever : Elevation in the central body temperature of warm-blooded animals caused by abnormal functioning of the thermoregulatory mechanisms.
- Infection : Invasion and multiplication of microorganisms in body tissues, especially that causing local cellular injury due to competitive metabolism, toxins, intracellular replication or antigen–antibody response.
- Pancreatitis : Inflammation of the pancreas, commonly acute due to alcoholic pancreatitis or gallstone pancreatitis.
- Peritoneal dialysis : Dialysis fluid being introduced into and removed from the peritoneal cavity as either a continuous or an intermittent procedure.
- Pseudomonas putida : Gram-negative,rod-shaped, saprotrophic soil bacterium which demonstrates a very diverse metabolism, including the ability to degrade organic solvents such as toluene, and is used in bioremediation.
- Sepsis : A systemic inflammatory response caused by an infection, which can be an immune response to the foreign organisms or a direct response to an exotoxin