Partial derivative/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Partial derivative, or pages that link to Partial derivative or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Partial derivative. Needs checking by a human.
- Chain rule : A rule in calculus for differentiating a function of a function.
- Chemical thermodynamics : The study of the interrelation of heat and work with chemical reactions or with physical changes of state within the confines of the laws of thermodynamics.
- Complex analysis : Field of mathematics, precisely of mathematical analysis, that studies those properties which characterize functions of complex variables.
- Connectionism : An approach in the fields of artificial intelligence, cognitive science, neuroscience, psychology and philosophy of mind which models mental or behavioral phenomena as the emergent processes of interconnected networks of simple units.
- Derivative : The rate of change of a function with respect to its argument.
- Differential equation : An equation relating a function and its derivatives.
- Green's Theorem : A vector identity, equivalent to the curl theorem in two dimensions, which relates a line integral around a simple closed curve to a double integral over the enclosed plane region.
- Jacobian : Determinant of the matrix whose ith row lists all the first-order partial derivatives of the function ƒi(x1, x2, …, xn).
- Lambert W function : Used to solve equations in which the unknown appears both outside and inside an exponential function or a logarithm.
- Normal distribution : a symmetrical bell-shaped probability distribution representing the frequency of random variations of a quantity from its mean.
- Total derivative : Derivative of a function of two or more variables with respect to a single parameter in terms of which these variables are expressed.