From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Mercaptan, or pages that link to Mercaptan or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Mercaptan. Needs checking by a human.
- Acid gas : Natural gas, petroleum byproduct gas or any other gas mixture containing significant amounts of acidic gases.
- Alcohol : A chemical compound that contains a hydroxy group (OH).
- Concentration : In science, engineering and in general common usage: the measure of how much of a given substance there is in a given mixture of substances.
- Expansion turbine : A centrifugal or axial flow turbine through which a high pressure gas is isentropically expanded to produce work.
- Merox : A process for removing the mercaptans from certain petroleum refinery products by oxidizing them to liquid hydrocarbon disulfides.
- Natural gas condensate : A low-boiling mixture of hydrocarbon liquids that are present as gaseous components in the raw natural gas produced from many natural gas production fields.
- Natural gas processing : Industrial facilities that process raw natural gas to remove contaminants as well as to separate out and recover by product natural gas liquids.
- Petroleum naphtha : An intermediate hydrocarbon liquid stream derived from the refining of petroleum crude oil and which may be further processed to obtain a gasoline blending component.
- Petroleum refining processes : The chemical engineering processes used in petroleum refining.
- Phosphoric acid : H3PO4, correctly called orthophosphoric acid, is the most common of the phosphoric acids.
- Sour gas : Natural gas, petroleum refinery byproduct gas, or any other gas containing significant amounts of hydrogen sulfide (H2S).