Acid gas/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
< Acid gas
- See also changes related to Acid gas, or pages that link to Acid gas or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Amine gas treating : A process using aqueous solutions of amines to remove hydrogen sulfide (H2S) and carbon dioxide (CO2) from gases
- Claus process : A catalytic chemical process for converting gaseous hydrogen sulfide into elemental sulfur.
- Hydrodesulfurization : A catalytic chemical process used in petroleum refining to remove sulfur compounds from intermediate and refined end-products.
- Hydrogen sulfide : A chemical compound with the formula H2S, which is a colorless, highly toxic, flammable gas with a characteristic foul odor.
- Petroleum refining processes : The chemical engineering processes used in petroleum refining.
- Natural gas processing : Industrial facilities that process raw natural gas to remove contaminants as well as to separate out and recover by product natural gas liquids.
- Sour gas : Natural gas, petroleum refinery byproduct gas, or any other gas containing significant amounts of hydrogen sulfide (H2S).