From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Drink : A beverage or liquid which is consumable by a human, such as coffee or cola or tea or alcohol or milk or orange juice or tomato juice. The most common type of drink is water; most beverages include water or are flavored versions of water; many drinks come from fruits such as Acai berry. For the act of imbibing a beverage, see drinking.
- Alcoholism : Chronic addiction to alcohol.
- Alcohol regulation : Add brief definition or description
- Hangover : The constellation of symptoms experienced after excessive consumption of ethanol
- History of alcohol : Add brief definition or description
- Prohibition of alcohol, United States : The period, from 1920 to 1933, in which the production, transportation, and distribution of alcohol was banned in the United States.
- Absinthe : An anise-flavored liquor or spirit that is made by steeping wormwood and other aromatic herbs (e.g., hyssop, lemon balm, and angelica) in alcohol.
- Beer : Alcoholic fermented beverage.
- Brandy (spirit) : Alcoholic beverage distilled from grape wine (or from fruit wines in general).
- Cider : Alcoholic beverage made from apples.
- Champagne : A sparkling wine produced in the French region of the same name.
- Cocktail : A mixed drink.
- Liqueurs : Add brief definition or description
- Rum : An alcoholic spirit distilled from cane sugar or molasses, originating in the Caribbean and having a historic association with navies
- Sherry : A fortified wine believed to have originated in Jerez, Spain.
- Tequila : An alcoholic beverage made from the distilled sap and heart of the Agave plant.
- Vodka : A distilled alcoholic beverage consisting of a clear liquid comprising mostly water and ethanol purified by distillation from a fermented substance, usually grain.
- Wine : Alcoholic drink made by fermented grapes
- Whiskey : Add brief definition or description