Mekong Delta/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Mekong Delta, or pages that link to Mekong Delta or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Mekong Delta. Needs checking by a human.
- Ben Tre Province : An island province, through which multiple rivers run to the South China Sea, in the Mekong Delta of Vietnam
- Can Tho City : The current capital of Can Tho Province in the Mekong Delta of Vietnam, which traditionally was the capital of the Mekong region
- Can Tho Province : The province at the meeting of the rivers of Vietnam's Mekong Delta, containing the traditional regional capital of Can Tho City
- Cochin China : In French Indochina, the southernmost part of Vietnam, including the Mekong Delta; roughly corresponded to IV Corps tactical zone of the Republic of Vietnam
- Dai Viet : A series of Vietnamese kingdoms that extended from a revolt against China in 939 CE, to the establishment of the Nguyen Dynasty in 1789, with occasional periods of Chinese occupation
- IV Corps tactical zone : The southernmost regional command of the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam, including the Mekong River Delta.
- Long An Province : A province in the Mekong Delta of Vietnam, southwest of Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City, bordering Cambodia
- National Highway 3 (Vietnam) : International road leading from Hanoi through Thai Nguyen and Bac Kan Provinces to Cao Bang Province and its border gate into China.
- Operation SUNRISE : A 1962 pilot program, generally unsuccessful, in the Strategic Hamlet Program for pacification in South Vietnam
- Pacification in South Vietnam : Sometimes called the "other war" in the Vietnam War, involving counterinsurgency and local development
- Provinces of Vietnam : Add brief definition or description
- Saigon : The largest city of Vietnam, renamed Ho Chi Minh City after reunification of the North and South in 1975
- U.S. Department of State : Agency of the executive branch of the U.S. government responsible for foreign policy and the conduct of American diplomacy.
- USS Pamina (AKA-34) : Artemis-class attack cargo ship
- USS Renate (AKA-36) : An Artemis class attack cargo ship (WWII) later converted and renamed USS Maury.
- United States Army Special Forces : United States Army organization originally created to train and lead guerrillas, highly qualified to work with other cultures; acquired additional missions including foreign internal defense, direct action (military), special reconnaissance, counterterrorism, etc.
- Wars of Vietnam : The broad context of warfare in the modern area of Vietnam, of which the Vietnam War (1962-1975) is best known, but involves colonization, Japanese occupation, decolonization, and post-1975 but related warfare among Vietnam, Cambodia and China