Alexander Hamilton/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Alexander Hamilton, or pages that link to Alexander Hamilton or to this page or whose text .
- American Revolution : The political and military action of the American colonists who overthrew British control between 1763-1789.
- Federalist Papers : A set of 85 articles written by Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay in support of the ratification of the U.S. Constitution
- U.S. Constitutional Convention : Meeting of American states delegates in 1787 to develop a stronger government, created the U.S. Constitution.
- U.S. Constitution : Document that states the fundamental constitutional law of the United States of America.
- Assumption Bill of 1790 : Add brief definition or description
- Federalist Party : An American political party during the First Party System, in the period 1791 to 1816, with remnants lasting into the 1820s.
- First Party System : U.S. political system (1792-early 1820s) pitting Alexander Hamilton's Federalist Party against the Democratic-Republican Party of Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.
- Aaron Burr : Add brief definition or description
- Dueling : Add brief definition or description
U.S. Founding Fathers
- John Adams : (1735-1826) An American Founding Father, diplomat, and the second President of the United States from 1797-1801.
- Benjamin Franklin : 1706-1790, American statesman and scientist, based in Philadelphia.
- : (1745-1829) one of the Founding Fathers of the United States and the nation's first Chief Justice.
- Thomas Jefferson : (1743-1826) Third President of the United States; author of the Declaration of Independence and the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom; father of the University of Virginia
- James Madison : (March 16, 1751 – June 28, 1836), An American politician, political theorist, Secretary of State, fourth President of the United States of America (1809–1817) and one of the most influential Founding Fathers of the United States.
- George Washington : First President of the United States (1789-1797) and commander in chief of the Continental Army.