John Adams/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to John Adams, or pages that link to John Adams or to this page or whose text .
- President of the United States of America : Head of state and government of the United States of America; elected through an electoral college and responsible for appointing Federal judges and senior officials of the executive branch, subject to Senate confirmation
- U.S. History : The history of the United States from the colonial era to the present.
- American Revolution : The political and military action of the American colonists who overthrew British control between 1763-1789.
- Stamp Act : Add brief definition or description
- Boston Massacre : Add brief definition or description
John Adams' administration
- Quasi-War : An undeclared naval war between the U.S. and France, 1798-1800.
- XYZ Affair : Add brief definition or description
- Alien and Sedition Acts : Add brief definition or description
Founding Fathers of the U.S.
- George Washington : First President of the United States (1789-1797) and commander in chief of the Continental Army.
- Thomas Jefferson : (1743-1826) Third President of the United States; author of the Declaration of Independence and the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom; father of the University of Virginia
- James Madison : (March 16, 1751 – June 28, 1836), An American politician, political theorist, Secretary of State, fourth President of the United States of America (1809–1817) and one of the most influential Founding Fathers of the United States.
- Benjamin Franklin : 1706-1790, American statesman and scientist, based in Philadelphia.
- Alexander Hamilton : (1757-1804) American politician, financier and political theorist who authored the Federalist Papers.
- : (1745-1829) one of the Founding Fathers of the United States and the nation's first Chief Justice.
- United States of America : Constitutional republic in North America, has major land borders with Mexico and Canada.
- Federalist Party : An American political party during the First Party System, in the period 1791 to 1816, with remnants lasting into the 1820s.
- Continental Congress : Add brief definition or description
- Declaration of Independence : Document formally declaring the independence of the thirteen American colonies from Great Britain, July 4, 1776.
- First Party System : U.S. political system (1792-early 1820s) pitting Alexander Hamilton's Federalist Party against the Democratic-Republican Party of Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.
- Treaty of Paris : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. Constitution : Document that states the fundamental constitutional law of the United States of America.
- John Marshall : Add brief definition or description
- Henry Adams : (1838-1918) An American author and historian.
- Brooks Adams : Add brief definition or description
- Samuel Adams : Add brief definition or description
- Abigail Adams : Add brief definition or description
- John Quincy Adams : (1767-1848) was the sixth president of the United States (1825-1829), and the son of President John Adams (1797-1801).