Human Development Index/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Human Development Index, or pages that link to Human Development Index or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Human Development Index. Needs checking by a human.
- Australia : Continent in the Southern Hemisphere and the federal parliamentary nation that occupies it.
- Bhutan : Landlocked constitutional republic in the Himalayan Mountains.
- Economics : The analysis of the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services.
- Egypt : A country in the northeastern corner of Africa, bordering Sudan, Libya, the Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea
- Finland : Scandinavian republic (population c. 5.2 million; capital Helsinki) bordered by Norway and Sweden to the north and west and the Russian Federation to the east; a low-lying country of forests and almost 188,000 lakes.
- France : Western European republic (population c. 64.1 million; capital Paris) extending across Europe from the English Channel in the north-west to the Mediterranean in the south-east; bounded by Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Andorra and Spain; founding member of the European Union. Colonial power in Southeast Asia until 1954.
- Gross Domestic Product : Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is a total of the outputs recorded in a country’s national income accounts.
- Gross domestic product : The total of the outputs recorded in a country’s national income accounts.
- India : Republic in South Asia; the world's largest democracy. Borders Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burma, China, Nepal, Pakistan
- Italy : Southern European republic (population c. 58.1 million; capital Rome) that has northern borders with France, Switzerland, Austria and Slovenia, and coastlines on the Tyrrhenian, Mediterranean, Ionian and Adriatic seas; founding member of the European Union.
- Kerala : A State of south-western India.
- Kuwait : Country on the Persian Gulf bordering Iraq to the north and Saudi Arabia to the south; population of 2.5 million.
- Lebanon : a country in the Middle East. It borders Syria to the north and east, Israel to the south, and the Mediterranean Sea to the west. Its official language is Arabic, although French is widely spoken. The capital and largest city of Lebanon is Beirut.
- Portugal : South-west European republic (population c. 10.7 million; capital Lisbon) on the western side of the Iberian Peninsula, with a long Atlantic coastline to its west and bordering Spain to the north and east.
- Slovenia : Former Yugoslav republic (population c. 2 million; capital Ljubljana) at the north-eastern end of the Adriatic Sea, and bordering Italy and Austria to the alpine west and north, Hungary to the north-east, and Croatia along a long frontier to the east and south.
- Spain : South-west European parliamentary monarchy (population c. 40.5 million; capital Madrid) between the Atlantic Ocean and Bay of Biscay to the north-west and the Mediterranean Sea to the south and east; the Pyrenees mountain range forms the border with France to the north-east, and Portugal is situated to the west.
- Sri Lanka : An island nation in South Asia, located 31 km off the south-east coast of India, formerly known as Ceylon .
- Syria : Country in the Middle East, facing the Mediterranean Sea, and sharing borders with Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey.
- United Arab Emirates : Federation of the seven arabian states Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujeirah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah, and Umm al-Quwain.
- United Kingdom : Constitutional monarchy which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.